Monday, April 28, 2014

Be The Rainbow Slouch Beanie FREE PATTERN

Be The Rainbow Slouch Beanie

This is a free pattern for a slouchy beanie in rainbow colours.

Let's begin!

This hat is made for Adults and teens the hat size is 22 inches in circumference, the yarn that I use makes it a bit stretchy, and will stretch to a size 26 on the head.

Crochet Level: Beginner, this is a super easy pattern and a great way to learn patterns and color changes for beginners!

What you will need;
I have used Red Heart Super Saver yarn in Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, and Blue, the blue in fact is more of an Aqua and is called Turqua and the green is called Springtime I believe. Any yarn will work for this pattern, as long as it's worsted weight 4. Feel free to use any color combo with this pattern! Let your imagination go wild here!

Crochet hook Size 5.50 MM

Abbreviations
Ch: Chain
Sl St: Slip Stitch
DC: Double Crochet
HDC: Half Double Crochet
ST: Stitch
"*" : Whenever you see these friendly little guys; it means repeat so if you see "*1 dc in next 4 st then 2 dc in next st*" it means repeat all that you see between the *'s until it says stop. For this pattern, it will be all around the hat.

Color A: Red
Color B: Orange
Color C: Yellow
Color D: Green
Color E: Blue

With Color A Ch 4 and sl st to first ch to form a ring
Round 1: ch 3, 6 dch in ring sl st to top of ch 3
Round 2: Ch 3, 2 dc in each dc around, sl st to top of ch 3
Round 3: Ch 3, 1 dc in next dc and 2 dc in next dc *1 dc in next dc and 2 dc in next dc* repeat from * around sl st to top of ch 3 
Round 4: Ch 3, 1 dc in next 2 dc and then 2 dc in next dc *1 dc in next 2 dc then 2 dc in next dc* around sl st to top of ch 3
Round 5: Ch 3, 1 dc in next 3 dc and then 2 dc in next dc *1 dc in next 3 dc then 2 dc in next dc* around sl st to top of ch 3
Round 6: Ch 3, 1 dc in next 4 dc and then 2 dc in next dc *1 dc in next 4 dc then 2 dc in next dc* around sl st to top of ch 3
Round 7: Change to Color B ch 3, 1 dc in next 5 dc then 2 dc in next dc *1 dc in next 5 dc then 2 dc in next dc* around sl st to top of ch 3
Round 8: Ch 3, 1 dc in next 6 dc then 2 dc in next dc *1 dc in next 6 dc then 2 dc in next dc* around sl st to top of ch 3
Round 9: Ch 3, 1 dc in next 7 dc then 2 dc in next dc *1 dc in next 7 dc then 2 dc in next dc* around sl st to top of ch 3
Round 10-12: Ch 3 1 dc in each dc around, sl st to top of ch 3
Round 13: Change to Color C, ch 3, 1 dc in each dc around, sl st to top of ch 3
Round 14-18: ch 3, 1 dc in each dc around, sl st to top of ch 3
Round: 19: Change to Color D, ch 3, 1 dc in each dc around sl st to top of ch 3
Round 20-23: Ch 3, 1 dc in each dc around sl st to top of ch 3
Round 25: Change to Color E, ch 3, 1 dc in each dc around sl st to top of ch 3
Round 26-27: Ch 3, 1 dc in each dc around sl st to top of ch 3
Round 28: Ch 2, 1 sc in each dc around sl st to top of ch 3, fasten off

*ALTERNATIVE ENDING! *GASP*!!* WHAT A TWIST!!!
Instead of fastening off at Round 31 here's another way to end this awesome project!
Round 29: With Color A, ch 2, 1 sc in each dc around sl st to top of ch 2
Round 30: With Color B, ch 2, 1 sc in each sc around sl st to top of ch 2
Round 31: With Color C, ch 2, 1 sc in each sc around sl st to top of ch 2
Round 32: With Color D, ch 2, 1 sc in each sc around sl st to top of ch 2
Round 33: With Color E, ch 2, 1 sc in each sc around sl st to top of ch 2

You can also do a reverse ending, meaning if you are doing the sc ending, instead of starting with color A start with color E and end with color A! 

Enjoy your new hat!

Cheers!

Now comes the not so fun part! Copyright! Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnnn! You have the right to sell and give away the items made with this pattern, but give credit! I do search for my items on a daily basis, and if I see that someone has used my pattern but not given credit, there will be a fine to pay. I know the difference between the same idea and the same pattern. It does not take long to put in your listing or on your blog/website "Credit to Brooke Etter at Celestial Yarn for pattern" that way it remains free, and there won't be any fees to pay! Given that, do not copy this pattern onto your blog, you can link to your heart's content! I have worked hard on this pattern, as with the other designers and their patterns, and we don't like seeing people claiming their patterns as their own etc,.

*****FAQs*****

Has this pattern been tested?
Most of my patterns have been, either by myself several times, or by other crocheters. If there happens to be an error, please email me at CelestialYarn@gmail.com so I can correct the pattern!

Can I share with you pictures of the finished product I have made using your pattern?
Dude, if you do that I will LOVE you forever! I love, love, LOVE, seeing other crocheter's work especially when they've used my patterns! So Yes send me all your photos of the finished product! And with your permission I can post them on my blog, and Ravelry for all to see! With your permission of course!

How can you be so sure that someone hasn't given you credit by just a picture? 
Typically, I can tell by the picture what stitches they have used, and how many rows they have used. If I see this I won't just jump straight to blame, I will contact the person first and see if it's their own design and for proof. But don't worry, leave all this stuff to me!

I have a general question about you and Celestial Yarn! Where can I contact you?
You can send me an email CelestialYarn@gmail.com 

What are your hours?

Well...since we are an online shop we are open 24/7, but I do sleep, so if you send a message at 2 am central time, I will most likely get around to answering later that day. On periods where we are not taking custom orders I will send a message over Facebook, Instagram, our Blog, and on our Etsy shop page.

1 comment:

  1. I love this stitch...Could I use this stitch for a scarf? Thank you..

    ReplyDelete