Tuesday, June 18, 2013

First Free Pattern: Over The Shoulder Purse

I just finished this project just like 10 minutes ago. And it's a pattern I made myself, I just went along with it and just added what I felt would be great! And since it's easy, I am giving out this free pattern.

What You Will Need:
Red Heart Super Saver Yarn; I used the lilac color, you can use any yarn you like this is just what I used
Hook; I used a J-Hook 6.00 MM or Size 4 if using the UK Chart
[If you are having trouble finding a hook size I use this chart; Crochet Hook Comparison Chart ]
Time! I was able to make this in less than a week because I have a lot of down time in between shifts and when I work next.

Instructions:

Front of Purse
ch 34
Row 1; 1 hdc from 2nd ch of hook, 1 hdc across; ch 2, turn (32)
Row 2: 1 hdc across; ch 2, turn (32)
Row 3 - 14: Repeat Row 2
Row 15: 1 hdc next two stitches, ch 2, skip 2 stitches, 1 hdc in next 2 stitches and repeat until the end; ch 2 turn
Row 16: 1 hdc in each stitch across; when you get to the 'ch 2' space just do 2 hdc in that space; ch 2. turn
Row 17: 1 hdc in each stitch across; ch 2, turn
Row 18: Repeat Row 15, 1 hdc next 2 stitches, ch 2, skip next 2 stitches, 1 hdc in next 2 stitches repeat until end; ch 2, turn
Row 19: Repeat row 16, ch 2, turn
Row 20 & 21: 1 hdc in each stitch across; ch 2, turn
Row 22: Repeat Row 15; ch 2, turn
Row 23: Repeat Row 16; ch 2, turn
Row 24: 1 hdc in each stitch across; ch 2, turn
Row 25: Repeat row 24 but do not ch 2, turn, instead fasten off

Back
ch 34
Row: 1 hdc from 2nd ch of hook, 1 hdc across; ch 2 turn (32)
Row 2 - 40: 1 hdc in each stitch across; ch 2 turn
When you get to row 40, do not ch 2 and turn, instead fasten off

Now I made individual strips to make the space for the purse instead of just sewing the front and back together.

Each strip is the same except the length.
Bottom Strip; when you finish this you will sew this to the bottom of the front and back; I will tell you what I did to sew them together.
Ch 6
Row 1; from 2nd ch from hook 1 hdc, 1 hdc in each stitch across; ch 2, turn (4)
Row 2 - 24 Repeat row 1
Now, when I went to sew them together, all I did was single crochet them together.

Side Strips; Make 2
Ch 6
Row 1; from 2nd ch from hook 1 hdc, 1 hdc in each stitch across; ch 2, turn (4)
Row 2 - 25 Repeat row 1
I single crocheted them together like I did the bottom.

This is the body of your purse.
Strap:
Ch 6
Row 1; from 2nd ch from hook 1 hdc, 1 hdc in each stitch across; ch 2, turn (4)
Row 2 - 40[or desired length] Repeat row 1
Once again I single crocheted them together.

You should have your purse!
I am sorry if this is slightly confusing, I was not writing down the pattern as I went along. So if you use this pattern and it isn't quite right you can E-mail me and send your corrections!

I hope you enjoy this free pattern and I hope that you have fun crocheting!

Cheers!
This is Jean; he is my model for most things! 
This pattern is copyrighted to Celestial Yarn and it's owner. You can use the pattern as you wish, if you sell the product PLEASE give me credit! If you plan on selling the purse; e-mail me with a link to your shop where I can find it and admire it! Huzzah!




No comments:

Post a Comment