Monday, June 17, 2013

Welcome To Celestial Yarn's Blog!

Hiya!! My name is Brooke and I am the owner of Celestial Yarn. Celestial Yarn is (for now) an online business for many crafts. Such crafts include Crochet, Wreath Making, Quilting, and painting items to make them look Steampunk. Ok, that's ALL we do. But from time to time there will pop up a painting or two. We try to broaden our horizon every now and then.

Basically I have started this blog to track my progress and have more social openings for Celestial Yarn. Plus I have seen so many successful craft shops have blogs for promotional reason and etc., I thought to myself; "I'm going to follow their example!"

Let me tell you a bit about Celestial Yarn and then I can dive into telling you about me!

Celestial Yarn was first thought up for a math project, but after I graduated I sort of just threw it away and never really thought about it after that. Well as the summer passed, and my finished Crochet projects cluttering my room I thought it would be a good time to start selling them and making room as well as money. Well, my boyfriend's parents go out to these trade days every first weekend of the month. It's called First Monday and it's held out in Weatherford TX. They suggested that I could sell my items out there, well I got to thinking and made some make shift business cards. At first business was slow, but soon I was selling right and left. I then started to expand my business by making official business cards, making an Etsy, an eBay, and then in March 2013, I created the Celestial Yarn Facebook page. Although it's a small online store, I am working on making it big and making it one of the popular craft shops.

I am not alone in this process, I have three other members to my shop. My Aunt Kathleen who sews quilts and blankets, my boyfriend Gaerrick who loves taking nerf guns and making them Steampunk. And then my cousin Carmella, who edits posts and descriptions, making sure everything is correct and proper! With our powers combined we are...Celestial Yarn! WOOOO!

Now about me, like I said before, my name is Brooke. I graduated high school back in 2012, and I am currently not in college. Crocheting and Wreath Making isn't all what I do. I also draw, paint, compose stories, have starring contests with my cat, lay in my hammock all day and watch the leaves in the sky. I enjoy meditating and reading books, a huge fantasy fan, as well as Science Fiction and video games. I am what you would call a creative nerd. Ha! Music is a big part of my creative process, my favorite genres are techno, alternative, and metal. Techno out ruling the other two. I am a natural red head but I am always dying my hair, my favorite past hair style was when I had my hair down to my shoulders and it was bright pink, boy do I miss my hair being pink! Currently it is black and short. I am a huge animal lover, my favorite being cats and Flamingos! I am a native Texan living in Fort Worth and Galveston. I adore all things that go hand and hand with the beach, my favorite seasons are fall and summer. I was born in October, and I am a Libra. I enjoy surrounding myself with anything that deals with magic, spending hours at a time in local metaphysical shops. That's pretty much all I have for now!

I hope you enjoy my blog and I hope to do blog more in the future! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment